Basic Introduction to Animal Rights
By Doris Lin
At the heart of the animal rights movement are two basic principles: the rejection of speciesism, and the knowledge that animals are sentient beings.
Leaders and Celebrities
Learn more about leaders of animal rights groups and celebrity activists.
- Interview with Nathan Runkle, Executive Director of Mercy for Animals
- Interview with Lorri Bauston, Founder of Animal Acres
- Interview with Paul Shapiro, of The Humane Society of the US
- Paul McCartney: Boycott McDonald's
- Heather Mills Donates $50,000 to Animal Rights
Annual conferences and events in the animal rights movement.